Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Festivals you may not know

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭mgkelly

Yeah, possibly they were tongue-in-cheek. Hope so!

And of course, everyone has their own nuances on what they like. Which is cool. 👍👌

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Woohoo! Got my Green Man ticket today. Absolutely buzzing for this now!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,866 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Heading to 2000 Trees next month.. not been before but looks quite well setup and has won a few awards since it's inception.

Anyone been?

Day splits for Green Man. Doesn't that look lovely? Apart from the Osees/ Big Thief clash, which is a kick in the nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CoffeeImpala

I made it along to Arcadian Nights last weekend.

The bands were playing in a marquee, set-up for the summer, behind the pub the festival is based in. The pub owner also owns the field across the road which is where the campsite was.

Considering that there were over 120 people on stage across the weekend numbers in the crowd were quite small. I'd say very few tickets were sold.

I had a good weekend but it made me appreciate the variety at other festivals. There were no bands that I'd say were bad but a lot of them sound very alike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Wizer

Anyone know if Longtitude is a cashless event ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭Fanirish

• Registered Users Posts: 6,803 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

Never knew this thread existed ! Chances are none of ye know this festival exists either, and it's not really in the same vein as the others mentioned above … but it's a damn good festival all the same, and dirt cheap if you can get to it:

It takes place in the centre of France, in the grounds of a non-descript château close to the town of La Châtre. It'd fall under the heading "world music" but that's only part of it. The day event includes a huge instrument-makers' fair where you can try-before-you-buy (or not buy) all kinds of acoustic instruments ; then listen to them played properly under every tree in the park.

Unless you know the groups on the main stage, I recommend first-timers to stick with the day pass (8€) which gives access to everything except the main-stage concerts - so about twenty acts in total, per day (till 4am); entry to the campsite/field is an extra 5€ pp (flat rate, regardless of whether you stay 1 night or 6)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,803 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

It is! Full disclosure: as it's just up the road from me, I do have a certain involvement in it.

It's very much a musician's festival as much as a music festival. If you turn up with raw talent, everything else you need is there - a huge range of (acoustic) instruments to try and to buy, hundreds of other musicians to jam with, an "open mic" stage if you think you're good enough, an enthusiastic public that'll tell you whether you're good enough - or not! - and the chance to get invited back as one of the featured acts in subsequent years.

Although this video was recorded at a different festival, the vibe is the same, and the group itself was born during a previous edition of the festival (and were back as one of the headline acts last year):

• Advertisement
Advertisement