Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letting Entitlements

• 14-09-2023 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

My dad is finishing up farming and we are planning to let the land including Entitlements to a fella who is very interested.

I am just wondering and I will be in touch with an advisor on this but is there any advise on what value should be put on the entitlements.

Should it be based on their projected net worth or their estimated payments ..don't have a very good understanding of them.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭minerleague

Value of entitlements probably has dropped because they are now split into 3 parts ( Biss , eco payment, and CRISS which farmer taking land wont be able to draw down - its a front loaded payment part which farmer will have on their own land if over 30ha )

Usually land is let for x amount per acre with full entitlements going back to you, this made it easy to compare where each farmers entitlements were different. So find out how the value of your entitlements are split and subtract the CRISS part to see what farmer leasing your land will be drawing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Where would I find if we have these only can find details of BISS on agfood.ie

Edit..Seems like the DAFM calculator is a very useful tool for this?

Post edited by lbj666 on

Advertisement