Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying from local vet

Options
  • 15-09-2023 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭

I like to be able to support the local vet and buy what i can from them but bought something this week and it was 50% more expensive than online. bought other stuff during the summer and he was 70% more expensive for some and double the price for others. i wouldnt mind 10,20 more expensive - 30% may seem cheeky but the prices they seem to be charging are just a but too much imo. i know an online shop wont have the same overheads as a local vet but these prices are just gouging imho. and also when i say local vet, it is local but part of a national chain

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Between that and not wanting to hand out prescriptions for meds, just so you have to buy it off him at three times the price. Feckers.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭duffysfarm

Yeah, bought flea and worm dose for dogs. €13.30 each and when i google it, its £5 for three in england but you need a prescription to buy it. Lad in england is making a few bob profit as well (wasnt even thinking about the worm dose when i made the original post)

Advertisement