Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What are your Late Late Show memories?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

The second funniest competition winner Pat Kenny rang up was this droll oul farmer type fella from the Midlands who sounded about as thrilled as a corpse.. When Pat asked him who he was bringing with him on the holiday yer man said "just myself".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,572 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Can't remember when (sometime in the 80s) but I remember someone asking the panel was anal sex the same as contraception catholic sin wise or some such question. I'd say you could hear a pin drop in Ireland at the time. 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

A guest came on pissed and he got a scolding from Gay Byrne and it was a long standing rule that nobody who had taken alcohol ever gets on the LLS

The audience jumped in and defended the guest and he had a right to be drunk on live TV if he wanted. Only in Ireland ha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5XkFPYWkq4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Field east

What about the Brian Travistck episode - a Trinity student that called the Bishop of Galway a moron. I think that it was all the money that the Bishop had pumped into a new church in Galway - all hell broke loose afterwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Field east

Fr Brian D’Arcy was also controversial on a number of shows - especially when there was a bishop/senior cleric on the panel.

Kielty , for a bit of inspiration , would not be going too far wrong by going back on all of Gay’s and Kenny’s stuff. A LOT OF IT WAS RIVETING - an informed panel with radically different views and with a good dose of audience involvement. Or are we bone tooooooooo PC

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

I still can't watch the interview with Jerry Seinfeld, or "Seinfield" as Pat calls him, because of how hamfisted and cringeworthy it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Everything with Pat Kenny was cringeworthy.

I wonder did RTE consider trawling through the DIT chemical engineering department again for their new flagship light entertainment host?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,258 ✭✭✭saabsaab

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,528 ✭✭✭cml387

Pat Kenny studied chemical engineering in UCD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,965 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

It is funny you say that I can't remember if it was "The Late Late Show" or "Kenny Live". But they were discussing people working in different backgrounds to what they were qualified for. Pat Kenny was hosting.

An audience member challenged Pat "You are an engineer what do you know about broadcasting?"

A very animated Pat said "I will respond to that, engineering has many analytical skills which are transferable"

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
Advertisement