Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring heifer

Options
  • 15-09-2023 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭leoch

Wats the story now with transferring a heifer to another man's herd number he's buying her of me my herd number is in test but the heifer is out of test is it still OK to transfer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭White Clover

Go on to Agfood and generate a movement permit. If it says no, you will have to test her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭epfff

Heifer needs to have been tested in last 12 months.

Will the sale be still cost effective after having to pay for testing 1 animal?

I thought it had to be within 6 months of test unless a calf under 42 days, or did I misread the requirements.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭Base price

The 6 months test rule has to do with cows and males over 36 months of age - they must be tested within 6 months and the herd that is selling them must have had a test within 6 months also, otherwise the herd that buys them in must test them within 30 days of arrival. If you don't test that animal within 30 days than she/he is restricted until either tested or slaughtered - you don't need to test it for slaughter. There are more rules re herd restriction etc.

file:///C:/Users/Win_User/Downloads/244898_6e463bdc-4478-4e05-a6a8-4fa45cc4e1d5-1.pdf

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

Advertisement