Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ads on Boards.ie

Options
  • 16-09-2023 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭

Hello. I'm a regular casual browser (occasional contributor) on boards.ie, for a number of years. Particularly, the forums under "Society and Culture".

Of late, I am finding the ads to be hugely distracting and irritating.

In particular, the below series of ads, which appears constantly, at the right hand side of the screen, every time I use the site on my laptop. It creates a constant flicking, in the corner of my eye. And the woman pictured at the end (as below) appears incredibly stupid.

I've tried using the "Stop this ad" feature a number of time. However, this just causes the same ad to appear almost immediately, again and again.

Obviously, the site does need to run advertising, but should (in my opinion) ensure ads are not so distracting. This has many times caused me to close the page, and will put of other users also

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

Advertisement