Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running Injuries research.

Options
  • 16-09-2023 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭JimmyChew

Hi

I'm somewhat aware that medical advice is not allowed around here and should the mods not like the direction of this post feel free to swiftly delete.

I am researching my own recent injury and wouldn't mind of someone could maybe point me in the direction of where online to read up on it.

Pretty sure I pulled something in my groin. I was running about 2 weeks ago and was about 10 miles in when i turned to check traffic behind me while I twisted around I felt a strain at the inside top of my thigh, suspected adductor but I'm now thinking its something more. I've rested for about a week felt better, but trained since then and it seems to be more so right in the middle... Apologies to the ladies but, right under the ballbag.

Physio ideally the last option as I'm not keen on letting them get that intimate and cost is not ideal either...

Have Galway marathon in 3 weeks & Dublin marathon coming up so really don't want to miss out on the important few weeks block I need. I suspect its going to be a rest and let settle thing but I'm not good with that..

Can anyone (not give me medical advice) but link me to anywhere I might get some reading on this type of strain/injury?

Many thanks.

Comments

Advertisement