Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Parkruns - Poolbeg or Fairview?

• 16-09-2023 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'll be visiting Dublin very soon and I'm staying in the city centre. Looking to catch a parkrun and I will be travelling by foot to the parkrun, so looking at Google maps, Fairview and Poolbeg are the closest events in different directions. Would anyone recommend one over the other? Don't know anything about either event and I can't decide!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭py

I have only done the Poolbeg parkrun. Nice route with a little hill in the middle. A very friendly core team and those running, as with other parkruns, are also the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,481 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Fairview is very friendly too, three laps of a nice park, dedicated core team and the best parkrun volunteer in Ireland marshalling at the footbridge. 😊 mixture of tarmac and grass. Both are an easy jog from the city centre or easily accessible via bus/DART. Enjoy either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭chrismean

Advertisement