Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Side entrance covers

Options
  • 16-09-2023 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi folks, thinking of getting the side entrance of the house covered - see the odd house with them extends the side gate up into the clear polycarbonate roofing running to a small gutter that going the length of the house.

Anyone have them? Just wondering how we'll they age and if the roof itself gets grubby and green or does the right pitch sort that out? Not sure how you'd go about cleaning it given it's so long...

Would be great to have somewhere outdoors to dry the clothes all year long

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I done it but I used the red brick to match the house and put a Propety roof on it.

The planning exemption for it dictates the finish and materials match the main dwelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 pippin04

Thanks Gumbo, I genuinely never considered that. Gets rid of the maintenence and longevity worries anyway.

For the exemption are there any boxes to tick for that or is is fine to go ahead and just ensure it's in compliance?

And did you do any costs comparisons or just went straight to that option?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭FJMC

Is it effectively a side extension that needs planning permission?

F

Advertisement