Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning Application Invalid

Options
  • 16-09-2023 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭

Hi just wondering if anyone can help me, my planning has been invalidated with SDCC due to the newspaper notice and Site notice weren't matching. The Newspaper notice is fine, but my Site notice needs expanding. Can I resubmit using the same Newspaper notice if I get it in before the 14 days days of the publication? I can reprint everything and put up a new corrected Site notice and put up Monday's date and therefore not needing to put in a new newspaper notice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,657 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Your architect will apologise profusely & resubmit.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ElBastardo1

Sadly, I'm the one who made the mistake. I just wonder can you resubmit before the 14 days correcting the mistake with the same notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,657 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Oh! Right... I'm no help then. I paid an architect to submit for a velux window because of the minefields involved.

Best of luck, hopefully it's a quick fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,616 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yes, so long as its not the newspaper notice that needs changing, you can reuse the same newspaper notice so long as you resubmit within 2 weeks of publication.

Make sure to change the date of the new site notice on the planning application form too, not just on the site notice itself.

That's what I was hoping. I will re do the site notice and put up the new date.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Yea reuse it no problem.

what was the invalid reason exactly? If it’s anything to do with the wording then a new paper ad will be required.

The newspaper wording was fine, I'd left off some detail in the site notice due to the small area on the standard template. So i've got all the information lining up the same now and once I get it in before Wednesday, I'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,038 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Don't forget to change the site notice date on the application form.

Advertisement