Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ring indicator light and audio alert

Options
  • 17-09-2023 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

An elderly relative (97) uses her iPhone without problems, but can't easily hear it ring if they have left their hearing aid out, even with ring volume at max.

I'm looking for a small tabletop device that will flash a light when there's an incoming call, and optionally ring more loudly than the iPhone does. How far away from a cellphone can these devices pick up an incoming signal?

All the ones I can find are huge, heavy devices for use with landlines, or they are cradles for cellphones. What I want is something closer to those kids' devices like a ballpoint pen that went sparkly-sparkly when a call came in, just on a more adult scale.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

The phone flashlight can be set to flash, any good to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭frisket

Interesting. I don't have an iPhone so I hadn't seen this. Do you know where in the menus/settings you can activate this, because I'm going to have to describe to her over the phone what to press :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Go to Settings > Accessibility > Audio/Visual, then turn on LED Flash for Alerts.

Advertisement