Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Employment activation programmes

• 17-09-2023 5:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hi,

I will be officially a week on Jobseekers Allowance tomorrow and I was just wondering when will/can I expect to be invited/put on a employment activation programme?

I don't mind being put on a employment activation programme but what would be the timeframe for me be now?  

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,015 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Yes is the quick Answer and expect an invite to either a meeting in your local Intero Centre if its a large one or a meeting with Seetac who are partners in the Pathways to work program very soon.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭Gympodie

Thank you!

Effectively, the Pathways to Work program is identical to Jobpath? Is that over the phone or is it back to in-person meetings?

In regards to a meeting in Intreo Centre - that is the one-to- one with a DSP case officer, if I recall correctly?

Regards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,015 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

It's a little different, both Seetac and DEASP actively engaging with Jobseekers but un like Jobs path, there'll be much more regular engagement. Both will involve regular face to face meetings and require evidence of jobs seeking, applications etc

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭Gympodie

Thank you,

I remember when I was with Jobpath last (around four years ago) you would get an appointment every two weeks or so, and during that time you would have to attend those in-house courses. I didn't mind those, I actually found some of them quite informative. I wonder how much more relentless they have become since that time?

Advertisement