Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do employers check if you're claiming a non cargo type bike as a cargo bike?

Options
  • 18-09-2023 6:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi folks,

I was in eurocycles the other day and got a quote for a Bergamont e-horizon bike that retails at 3300.

The staff gave me a quote with the bike being classified as an ecargo bike with the added bonus of saving a good bit more on it via the bike to work scheme instead of claiming it as only an electric bike.

In my opinion it isn't an e cargo bike and I'm wary of claiming it against the bike to work scheme as an ecargo bike.

Do ye know if employers check what bike you're claiming against the scheme versus the actual type of bike (push bike, electric bike etc.).

If ye have claimed a bike against the scheme that wasn't aligned with the category of bike you bought, how'd it go? Anyone ask any questions?

Thanks

Post edited by magicbastarder on

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Making a claim such as that would be fraud against Revenue and presumably the mods here would not look kindly on such a discussion

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,374 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

yep - we don't know if your employer will check, but it's almost certainly tax fraud to put in a false claim about that. as such - according to boards policies - we're not allowed discuss means by which the law could be broken, so thread is closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement