Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How do you spend your weekday evenings?

• 18-09-2023 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

I'm just curious how other people spend their time in the evenings after work?

You come home, do you have dinner and sit and watch the telly? If you have a partner how much time do you spend with them? Do many people do hobbies or sports?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭taxAHcruel

Don't own a television and don't like sitting around - or any wakeful time wasted doing nothing.

So evenings tend to be quite active for sport, hobbies, partners or kids. The best of course are the times when two or more of those things overlap. But it's always important to me to find times to focus on each exclusively too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,003 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Go to the gym two evenings a week, generally Monday or Tuesday and then Thursday.

Eat out once a week…go out maybe one another night…

otherwise….

movies / TV, gaming, treadmill / bike, reading, boards / general internet surfing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Two gym sessions midweek for an hour.

Two online group-calls (usually an hour/90 minutes).

Ideally, get one midweek run in, but finding they usually go missing until the weekend.

I'd probably cook dinner four out of the five days.

Would still end up spending more evening time than not on my laptop, or watching TV with herself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,145 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

rest rest rest, best way for me to get asleep.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

play with/Walk the dogs.

Clean the house

Mow the lawn/clear the garden

Go fishing

Drink cans

Watch a few youtube channels

Wash clothes

Visit family/friends

Lots to be at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,885 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Eat dinner as a family

Spend an hour or 2 with the kids, Park ,beach,football whatever ,

Do bed time at half 7 ,

Head to the gym , run or 5 a side for an hour,

Watch an hour of tv then off to bed ,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭lbunnae

Do you tell everyone all the time you don't own a TV?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭brokenbad

Play 5 a side 2 nights a week (Mon & Wed)

Cut lawns, some small outdoor jobs - weather permitting or indoor DIY small jobs that need doing.

Help wife with laundry, cooking and menial household chores.

Help kids with homework.

Bring dog for a walk while listening to a podcast or some music.

Only sit down to watch TV at 9pm with the wife - usually Netflix or a good documentary.

Like to do a bit of reading usually for half an hour before bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,119 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Work from home, and finish work at 5.30. Most days there's a sport training or music lesson to bring one of the kids to. After that, it's back home to cook and eat dinner. We always eat together. Check on the homework, tidy up, get kids to do music practice or whatever, bit of relaxing for them (reading, screen time, whatever). Then send the younger two off to bed around 9, the older one goes not long after. Final tidy up, then make the lunches for school the next day. When that's out of the way, we invite the neighbors around for the Satanic rituals - an orgy, sacrifice or possession, depending on the day - then my wife goes to bed around 11, and I'd stay up and maybe watch a photography tutorial on YouTube before heading to bed around 12. Fairly standard and mundane middle aged life.

Advertisement