Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compensation entitlements for 48 hour delay in package trip

Options
  • 18-09-2023 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭

Travelled to France for the Ireland vs Romania game the weekend before last on a package trip (flights, 2 night hotel stay, and match tickets included). The plane that was due to bring us back on Sunday afternoon developed a fault, and we were strung along for two days, before booking our own flights back to Ireland on Tuesday afternoon. The travel agent put us up in a hotel each of the extra two nights we ended up staying (after full days in the roasting airport). As it turned out, they never got the original plane fixed, and the travel agent ended up booking people seats on various scheduled services. Before submitting receipts for our train/flight fares, I’m wondering if we should be entitled to more – my wife and I both had to take two days off work, as did her mother who was minding our children. I’ve obviously done some googling, but it’s not clear when the flights are part of a package. Thanks in advance!

Advertisement