Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attic conversions

Options
  • 19-09-2023 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all,

Wanted to ask if anyone has had an attic conversion done recently? We have moved into a new home and need to upgrade ours. Anyone used CHI attics?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭byrnem31

Just got ours done. Hip and dormer extension. Fibreglass roof on the dormer and a very nice job. 45k it was based in firhouse with [snip]. A very nice guy and he has done multiple attics around the D24 area and further. He does standard attics too.

Mod Note: As per forum charter, builder details/phone number removed.

Post edited by DOCARCH on

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Jumbo88

Hi was it 45k just for the attic or what else did u get done?? We are starting the process soon so was just wondering roughy cost thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,000 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

Looks good. I suppose planning permission was another 5K or so to get drawing and go through process?

I got a guy to do drawings and apply for permission for me for 1k. He was a grade below an architect, technological architect so he couldnt cert it or start commencement notice. Attic guy got the engineer to cert it as part of the price. Engineer done the commencement notice for 300. So about 1300. It was a bit messy so I would get an architect next time to do everything. I saved 200 quid but it wasn't worth the hassle.

I think drawings, applying for permission etc should be about 1500 and then with the cert about 2k.

45k for just the attic. Hip extended and a dormer added too. That's with no toilet either.wife didn't want one as son wouldn't clean it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

i paid 2500 recently for arch drawings and planning approval using an arch technician as well. I thought the 2500 was a bit on the high side; your 1k sounds more reasonable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

in the middle of a dormer conversion at the moment. unlike the other guy above, i had a gable end roof so didn't need a hip conversion, but I'm going to land around 60k for the build. That includes ensuite, veluxes to the front of the house, aluminium clad dormer, trocal roof, high spec on the insulation

Advertisement