Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaking conservatory roof

• 19-09-2023 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi, we have a glass roofed conservatory that needs repair. It’s leaking badly. We can’t seem to find anyone interested in even looking at it. I’d appreciate any suggestions as to who to approach who might be interested in doing the job.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,494 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

A key issue here is that the roof may require to be supported internally to take the load of humans walking there-on.

When I had mine built 30 years ago the glazing was installed from inside, one sheet at time so the roof never took the extra weight.

You could always try and get some industrial quality sealant tape and at least you have that piece done

eg Foil Tack Band Butyl tape from National seals in Dublin

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 primalux

Thanks for that. I shall try the tape. It may make for a temporary solution.

many thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Any luck finding someone to fix it? I've a similar issue and it is a struggle to get anyone to actually fix it. I need a couple of the glass sheets replaced in the roof.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Limerick Glass are going to replace the broken glass for me, so if it is the glass is the issue for you, they might be able to do yours.

Advertisement