Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wanted : road bike size 56 ca 1500

• 19-09-2023 5:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭

Anyone here have a bike that is NOT currently advertised for sale and is thinking about selling? If it's for sale on adverts / DD / FB then I've more than likely seen it.

I'm looking for a posh winter trainer. Rim or disk.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Giant Propel advanced 1 for sale in Tipp, probably too posh but €1500 would buy it. It’s hardly been used & any use was light.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭fat bloke

What model year / colour / spec Propel is that Dahat?

Ah. M would be too small for me unfortunately. I'm a firm M/L in the Giant stable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭pairofpears

I have a 58cm Focus Izalco gathering dust if you want to check the sizing on that?

• Advertisement

Generally speaking I'm not a 58 in anything. Geometry charts for izalco have an XL with a 58 top tube, is that what you have? That's too big for me anyway if so.

Yeah that's what I have. I've a large TCR but I'd want another 3k to go on top of the 1500.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,687 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Also looking for a 54"/56" winter training bike. M/ML

105 or ultegra.

• Advertisement

Dahat's Propel looks the job if a 54 will fit you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

@fat bloke could be made fit and would be a pretty posh winter bike. FYI not mine.

https://www.adverts.ie/road-bikes/canyon-ultimate-cf-slx/31539658

Cheers. As I said, if it's already for sale I've seen it! I have a cf slx already and Bandon is too far away :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Figured it was only a day up there so might have been missed.👍 I must drop up for that co2 at some point 🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭nicksnikita

You’ve probably seen it if you’re scanning DD but there’s a weapon TCR di2 in Cork for decent money.

In a size ML. Posted last night

I did see that alright. Always the way though, "great bike, as new, your size, fcukin' miles away" :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

Hi fat bloke,

One of my pet peeves with bike sales is people saying not in a hurry to sell etc and overpricing...

I've sold a few bikes on here over the years, always priced very keenly and gone quickly.

So with all that said....

I have a bike that's not for sale, but isn't getting much use.

I'm really not sure what it's worth, and perhaps the market value isn't €1500, but equally it's worth more to me than that to me.

Anyway, I have a 59cm bianchi infinito cv (I'm a 58cm size in all my bikes, and the bianchi 59 is generally reckoned to be a 57 in real sizing), it's immaculate as far as I can tell, I bought it new and have it from new. Campagnolo athena groupset, so overall perhaps not a winter bike really.

Anyway, to go back to my opening comments, I'm not that interested in selling, don't plan to advertise it or try sell it, but if you're interested let me know. Based in Dublin.

Unfortunately it's not celeste, but rather a black colour with flashes of green

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

(not with those wheels)

That's a lovely bike and as non céleste Bianchi colourways go that's one of the nicest I've seen. But I'm looking for a 56 so I'd either size down to their 55 or more likely up to their 57. A 59 would be too much of a jump.

Having been around a couple of shops I'm actually very tempted to go new with the discounts being offered. It'll mean going disc though but then I always thought 28s+ and discs were a winter rather than a racing recipe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭ARX

Have you looked at Origine bikes? Rim or disc, carbon or alloy, super customizable: Road Bike | Carbon | Origine (origine-cycles.com)

Do you have one yourself or know anything about them? Quick Google there revealed very little in terms of the party reviews. Tbh, I'd be inclined to keep this purchase simple and stick with the tried and tested old reliable mainstream manufacturing behemoths!

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭ARX

No, I don't have one, but I'm thinking about it. I'm looking for a light rim brake bike. They seem to be well-regarded in France but not really known outside. If you search for something like 'origine velo avis' you should find reviews.

Apparently they do their own R&D so they're not just bolting groupsets onto open mould frames.

A third generation for the Axxome, the original ultra-versatile bike - Bike gear, road bike news and cycling equipment tests (matosvelo.fr)

I do have to wonder though, how can a small manufacturer compete with the Giants (ahem) who have huge resources for R&D?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭g0g

Buy my Orbea.

/thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,768 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I think fat bloke is still smarting from the Bowman debacle in fairness to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

Are you still looking? Ive a tcr here. 2019(?)

105 grouper

Hydraulic disc

Size large but steerer has been cut. Can do a couple of measurements but i imagine with steerer cut it should be close to what your looking for fit wise?

Ive three stems in the spares box so can swap them out to whatever size suits you. (100/110/120 mm stems?)

Love a tcr. But I'm definitely an M/L.

As i said, a good bit of steerer tube has been cut (almost slammed)

I can measure the head tube to top of are if interested?

• Advertisement

Thanks, as I said I'm a big TCR fan but I've had one a couple of years, I'm very familiar with the geometry and a L is too big unfortunately. I ride an ML with a shorter stem. I've had an eye out for one for a good while now. Nearly every single on that crops up is a medium for some reason. Medium is definitely too small for me though and a Large is too much of a stretch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,793 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Push it one more time @lizzylad84 😂

god loves a tryer

Take an ol sharpie to the seat tube and put an "M/" before the "L". I'll be none the wiser 😁

Should have done that first 😂

Bike bought. If nothing else I've unearthed a load of size 58 bikes for anyone who'd like one :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,768 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

But what did you get

Exactly what I wanted. See the thread title! A road bike, size 56, ca 1500 😁.

A nice heavy, state of the art Trek Emonda SL5. A fine solid rothar, i think my Grandad had one similar in 1945.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,687 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

New or used?

Advertisement