Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyvan introduced me to a scammer

Options
  • 19-09-2023 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Hi all long story short I needed some furniture moved from abroad I used anyvan. Ie to get a qoute and was introduced to a person to do the job I paid anyvan the origination fee of circa 250 and paid the courier 50% of his fee up front after two no shows to collect the furniture I requested a refund. Anyvan refunded me the organisation fee but the courier despite repeated promises to refund me for the past 35 days he has still not refunded me. The courier is not longer responding to phone calls or emails. I do have a copy of his national identity card. Does anyone have any advice on my next options. I believe the guy was a scammers from the beginning. I out of pocket 650 euro.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭con747

If you paid by credit card you can get it back through the credit card company or if by debit card get a charge back done. If you paid by cash I doubt you will get it back unless it's in the T&C's of the company Anyvan which I doubt.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I suggest reporting it to the Gardai, they won't be able to do anything but it'll create a record of reporting against him

I'd also suggest going to the small claims court, they should be able to sort it out

Check the T&C's of the hiring company to see what their dispute resolution process is. It sounds like they only help you to find quotes, so won't be liable for any jobs that fall through

Make sure you have a copy of all communications and some proof that money changed hands

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Legits

Cheers did a revolut to an account on revolut he proided me under another name. This was suspicious and I believe now having researched it an AML breach. I attempted to get a charge back on revolut but they refused I have logged a complaint with them and yet to receive a response despite their CPC stating they have to respond in 5 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Legits

Cheers Raisin, have all the comms on this I think Gardai and Small claims court are the best option although I have limited details on the person an out of date National ID card and a gmail address. I am not sure what verfication if any that anyvan do.

Ill log it with the Gardai this week. I have submitted a DSA to Anyvan but not sure they will give me an address for this person or if they have any other detail I dont believe they do enough to ensure they dont introduce you to scammers so I am considering joining them to the claim in the Small claims court.

Advertisement