Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost all H polarity channels

Options
  • 19-09-2023 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

I've lost all H polarity channels, (signal = 0) on my Amiko Mini Combo Extra. Where are the LNB settings on this receiver? Any experience of this out there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭MenloPete

You'd really need to test your receiver elsewhere to decide if its a receiver or LNB problem. One possibility is a cracked LNB cover allowing water ingress.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭mrtom

Yes, will reseat cables & visually inspect LNB for water ingress as the prolonged rain is the one new variable. Re Amiko, how can I confirm LNB settings are unchanged before I replace hardware?

So I have found tear in LNB and then discovered a ten year old + LP 401 unused.

Is this suitable as a replacment for usual 28.2 HD viewing?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭goldiefresh

That LP 401 Lnb is fine. The problem you have Is the Lnb on the dish has a neck diameter or 38mm and your lp 401 will be 40mm so it won't fit on the adaptor currently on your dish. You would require one of these

https://www.satworld.ie/sky-40mm-lnb-to-mk4-adapter.html

Next step is how to remove the old LNB bracket without distorting the geometry. Stuck and appears fused. How are they fitted/removed?

Interesting, with the replacement LNB, seems one adjusts the skew by rotating the white cap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭swoofer

Its a push on fitting and will be a bit tricky to remove, use WD40 and if you look at new fitting at underneath there is a plastic lug, that usually fits into the arm so old one may be same ie lift up and pull off but be careful. That new lnb may be preset so skew already ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭decor58

The small clip on either side and the clip at the front hold the holder in place, a small screw driver between the holder and the arm will allow you raise it up and then slide it back out of the front clip. Remove the black pin before you install the new one, when the holder is in place put the pin back, it should click into place.

Thanks, instructions even I can follow! Odd scew calibration marks here with rotating white cap. hmm...

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭decor58

Just a change in style/design, adjust the whole unit, if needed, not the white section. If the seal is broken between the black and white sections water will get in and damage the LNB.

I refer to this "feature" as you might see the body of the LMB is circular with 2 flattened sides so when I secure it tightening the clamp, I can't rotate the LMB to fine tune. Hence odd & interesting.

• Advertisement

Well it turned out to be as straighforward as you suggested, appriciate your time all who chimed in!

Advertisement