Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hit man

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Everlong1

Had a look at the reviews - "comedy/caper/romance" - count me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,953 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Directed by Richard Linklater should pull you back in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,740 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

This should be out next week, anything made by Linklater should be of the highest quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,695 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 60,696 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Dropped this morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭flasher0030

What did it drop on? I can't see it on netflix. And it's only on CAM on the streaming site that I use.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,715 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Thank you. Ya I saw it there. Missed it earlier. Going to watch it later.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭RurtBeynolds

It's very meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭gossamerfabric

The pair have proper sizzling Chemistry and it was great to see Patrick Bateman and Tilda Swinton.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

The first scene where Powerll pretends to be a hitman just went on and on, no tension or anything. I turned it off.

Well. That was disappointing. I expected there to be a bit more energy (with a bit of mindless action) to it. But there was nothing to the movie at all. No real story. I was waiting for it to maybe up a notch for the last half hour. But it just fizzled out into nothing. I wouldn't recommend it - even as a switch-off-your-brain movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Could have easily trimmed twenty or thirty minutes from the runtime of this. The actors were decent. Interesting to see Dwight from FTWD show up in something else. Very underwhelming, all in all. Could see someone sticking it on in the background but that is about it. Highlight was the various personas montage.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Loved this! I think Netflix and the marketing will mislead a lot of people into thinking it's an out and out thriller instead of essentially a romcom, but I really enjoyed what it actually was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭p to the e

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭garra

Spoiler.. I couldn't get past the moral ambiguity of being expected to root for a psychopath wife who first hires a hit man to kill her husband, is then given a way out of that and proceeds to buy a gun and do it herself. I know it's American and romcom fodder but for **** sake lads. Had it's moments otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 31,715 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

*also spoilers*

It actually is basically about two sociopaths finding love - as his ex-wife says earlier in the movie, he just needs to find someone whose 'messed up' matches his 'messed up'.

Quite enjoyed it anyway, much better than I expected from the comments here. Was glad it wasn't just a generic action comedy or something. Could easily have been played as a 'fish out of water' angle - but instead it's more of an oddball fish suddenly discovering water for the first time, and happily diving right in. He effectively finds his calling as a sociopath, meeting his soulmate as a result, with the slightly uncomfortable 'happy ending' that this leads to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

I think there's a bit too much of an expectation that we should cheer on all characters tbh. I wouldn't really classify it as a traditional romcom at all. More like a dark comedy around a situation going horribly out of control. Powell being swallowed up by his many alteregos personalities is great too.

Linklater really manages to achieve such variety in terms of the kinds of movies he makes. It's really refreshing.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,430 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

un-related but there is a meme out there that people want a Clark Kent movie where the CIA try to kill him but it goes wrong every time, i dont know if it needs to be seen bu the idea is a hoot

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Advertisement