Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scam Pop Up on Boards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,608 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Might be worth pinging the admins that boards is pushing scams @Beasty @Big Bag of Chips @Spear@Spear

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

That's what I originally was getting,Ive been clearing cookies , browsing history and running scans

• Registered Users Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Same happening here too. Constant redirects to clone site trying to impersonate google with a “you’ve won a prize” pop up

iPhone using safari browser

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,130 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Apologies everyone. Admins do not get access to that part of the platfoirm. It's only something @Boards.ie: Mike in the office can deal with

I'm also tagging @Boards.ie: Odhran who may be online outside normal business hours. Otherwise it will need to wait Mike getting online hopefully first thing in the morning

In the meantime I can just repeat what everyone says in this situation. Please do not click on the links

• Registered Users Posts: 9,448 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Glad it's not just me. I'm only getting this on my Android on WiFi which is weird, I doubt GoMo have spam site filters in place. Laptop is fine. Boards is completely unusable on phone WiFi, every page loads the scam site eventually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Kerry_2008

I'm the same. Can't use the site for more than a minute without the popup

• Registered Users Posts: 38,253 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Where's the Nigerian prince's in all of this

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Working .well on my break and had been hoping to catch up on posts but this crap is so annoying.

Oh well will have to work I guess🥴😁

• Not getting this malware pop up on my phone iOS 🤔

Have Norton active.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭supermans ghost

Frankly your site seems ridiculously easy to hack into, the same thing happened at the weekend where every second thread on the main page was a scam.

How secure is the data that you hold for boards members?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭omicron

Still the same this morning, every couple of seconds, on Android and weirdly only happens on WiFi also. ( Mobile network is 48).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I swapped to Opera browser when the ads went crazy, only meant to do it for a few weeks but threads like this remind me how much more pleasant this site is using Opera/Brave

• Registered Users Posts: 4,050 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

is the site hacked? getting random scams/ popups

• Registered Users Posts: 15,345 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Nice one boards. Off down the dodgy route are we?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,050 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

shocking

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Guys, what the actual f*ck is this?

Absolutely unnacceptable to have this happen on a legitmate web site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭StrawbsM

I have an ad blocker and I don’t feel one bit bad about it.

Do you still have to wait till the vanilla office opens in Canada before this is looked into?

Most companies would have an emergency 24/7 contact number for someone on the technical side. That's standard industry practice and has been for decades.

Serving malware popups to your customers for 12 hours (and counting). Shocking stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭tommythecat

Still happening

4kwp South East facing PV System. 5.3kwh Weco battery. South Dublin City.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

Happening here too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,899 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Happening consistently on Android but no issues on desktop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭StrawbsM

This thread was created at 9pm last night so unless their office is in the first time zone, they would have known about this before clocking off for the day.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mike

Hi all,

This is not an intentional serving of spam to our users here. This is something we are fully aware of and actively working on to remove. It should not have appeared on site and we will be making a full investigation into how this happened.

Needless to say but, "DO NOT CLICK THE LINKS".

I will report back here when I have an update.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Brian2208

I’m getting the same pop up on chrome on android every time I go to boards. I got a similar pop up on Safari on an iPhone too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Shut the bloody site down until it’s fixed. Someone must have the ability.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Mods to busy banning people it would seem to notice the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,657 ✭✭✭SteM

Only happening on my android phone while connected to wifi, not when I'm connected to mobile data as mentioned before.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,652 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Glazers Out!

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mike

Beasty has already posted here on this thread so has noticed the issue. As have I. If you have nothing of any value to add to the issue this thread was set up to talk about then please keep your comments to yourself.

• Advertisement

Do you know what emergency 24/7 contact means? It means someone gets woken up or responsibility transfers to someone in another timezone.

When you are running a web-based business it's shockingly bad form to serve potential malware to customers for 13 hours and for the admin to just shrug and go to bed and hope someone fixes it in the morning.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement