Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

35 hours per week

Options
  • 20-09-2023 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi,

Sorry for my ignorance here.

But is 35 hours per week considered part-time or full-time?

Also, would this be enough to keep LAES away?

If not, it wouldn't be worth the hassle.

I think I may have something lined up here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

If you’re signing off JSA to take up a job then SW won’t pursue you any more one way or the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭WIZWEB

30 hours+ is considered full-time by the DSP. LAES/SEETEC cannot hound you then. Just do not engage nor share any details about the employer. as they will be seeking commission pretending they got you the job. Technically DSP require you to apply for a full-time job. While receiving JSA once you sign off if less hours are enough to live on that's none of their business. This unless you're claiming a part-time work JSA allowance from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Eclipse510

Just a quick enquiry about laes. I've been called for a meeting. I only completed a course last month so haven't found a job yet. Looking them up, it says they'll draw up a personal plan similar to that of turas nua. Am I obliged to sign this or can I decline but tell them that I'll still engage with meetings etc. I know with turas nua you're within hour rights not to sign this plan. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭WIZWEB

No need to sign with LAES either. They share same useless software and methods of other pointless Tax Payer wasting agencies. Just refuse and state that you will engage with the 'service' as obligated to by the DSP.

Advertisement