Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda vetted recently during council meeting

Options
  • 21-09-2023 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

So I'm only on the waiting list for a council apartment/house 3 years with lots of medical problems so I'm on a priority list but on Tuesday I was asked to come in to a meeting because the senior housing educative officer said allocations are looking at my housing file .

During the meeting he just ask my salary and to post in 3 current payslips asked what type of houses I be interested in and asked if I could be Garda vetted (which I said yes) and he made me sign a form and that 2qs the whole meeting .

Has this happened to others who have been waiting for a council house and if so what happened after it. Did anyone receive a follow up after the Garda vetting and is this a good sign to say they wanted me to get Garda vetted after just 3 years on the list.

Hope for some responses thanks

Post edited by Spear on

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Rose92C

Hi how are you ? I’m happy I seen your post because this also happened to me last month. May I ask have you had any update since your meeting ? I was told in the meeting if I am successful with the house I should receive a letter via registered post. I have been checking the post non stop and I am feeling a little bit anxious now to be honest.

I was told in the meeting that I have been guarda checked and that everything was perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 cork1990

Hi yes I got a phone call last week and got offered a place on the phone . Took 3 weeks for my Garda vetting .

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Rose92C

Massive congratulations to you ! So it might actually be a phone call and not a letter thank you for letting me know that. I’ve been praying everyday. Best of luck in your new home 🙏🏻🙏🏻

• Registered Users Posts: 3 cork1990

It could be either I reckon but hopefully they will contact you soon :) thank you aswell

Advertisement