Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raised area, new lawn

Options
  • 21-09-2023 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi , I have and area in my garden I’m raising by about 18 inches( currently a mix of old gravel and muck) and laying a lawn on top. I’m using a few loads of subsoil to get me started to raise the area as the the price of topsoil is too high to raise the whole thing using topsoil. A layer of topsoil will go on top. This seems like a natural way of doing it. My question is how much should I compact the new subsoil once I’ve spread it out? Is it the same as with the topsoil and should I not overly compact it ? Ie. driving over it with the mini track machine or should I just compact it the same as with topsoil by walking and rolling it before putting the topsoil on and doing the same? My worry is areas sinking later if I don’t compact the new subsoil enough.Thanks.

Tagged:

Advertisement