Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Sports upgrade

• 22-09-2023 11:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,504 ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone who's familiar with the packages please advise me here?

I'd like to watch the Solheim Cup, and the Ryder Cup when it rolls around, and looking for the most cost-effective way to get them.

I only have the basic Sky+ package. The website is less than helpful when I'm looking for info on upgrades......

There's 3 options -

1. Sports Extra for €17/month - TNT Sports & Premier Sports - this looks like just football, which I've no interest in
    2. Sky Sports for €20/month - all that's mentioned in the blurb is football, but will this get me the channels that will show the golf?
    3. What looks like the two combined, for €25/month - since I don't want 1 I've ruled this out

Can I just sign up for the Sky Sports option for one month, and then cancel it? Or am I tied into a longer contract?

Any other streaming options available (bearing in mind that I'm not tech savvy in the slightest!)

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭dam099

You need 2. Sky Sports, this has Sky Sports Golf which shows golf (and some events will also be on Sky Main Event). Not sure of the minimum term through satellite.

If you have a streaming device which can get the NowTV app (some Smart TVs/Fire TV/Apple TV etc) you can subscribe to NowTV on a month to month basis.

Right now on the website this is more expensive than the €20 you say you can get it for. However check out this thread for codes which might get it for you for €15

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,504 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I don't have NOW in any shape or form, I only have the basic Sky+ package.

I'd pay for a month or two of Sky sports, but I don't want to sign up for a year - I had it before on a very cheap offer and bar the odd big event I literally never watched it, seems to be 99% football.

And unfortunately I think I'd be signing up for a year. Ah well.

Thanks for the info though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,268 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Afaik sky sports, movies etc can be added and removed on a monthly basis so you can add it for a single month but you need to cancel the same day. If they give a good discount then they will try to sign you up for another year. In fairness all the T&Cs regarding the various offers are clearly documented in their website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,504 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Unless I'm completely thick, it's not clearly documented at all...... on one page it looks like it's a rolling monthly contract (happy days) .... on another pop-up, it reads like there's a minimum 12-month contract (of which 6 months would be at full price of €40/month - no thanks!!)

I think I've managed to get through to an actual human on whatsapp now, whether he/she/it will make things any clearer, we'll see.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,268 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on "here's the legal bit".

https://www.sky.com/ie/deals/tv

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭dam099

What device do you use to stream other services (Netflix etc) if at all? It may also have an App for NowTV which you can install and then sign up for an account and subscription.

Advertisement