Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wildcards discussion during FPL 23'/24'

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,009 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

2 big mistakes from Raya there now in the second half. There's a chance that he might get dropped now with Ramsdale waiting in the wings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

I normally have a fairly solid plan when to launch the Wildly but this year has been different for whatever reason.

The main recent problems have been no Trippier and no Arsenal attacking cover...and no Watkins is looming.

This is my current squad....next transfer will be Bruno to Saka if prices hold.

Anyway tldr, should I freshen things up with a wildcard or wait another few weeks?

Just realized that the deadline for this GW is a Friday evening, and I'm gone away this week until Friday so it will be tight to see the final product on my WC.

I do have a few drafts made though, which I really should have written out in full as they are all a bit fuzzy now....Anyways, here is one with Haaland, one without Haaland, and then one with no Spurs. I'm sure that there will be tweaks, such as the Arsenal GK situation, but these are some ideas so far.

1) with Haaland

Raya

Torres Porro Tsimikas Guehli Botman

Diaby Saka Salah Mitoma Palmer

Nunez Watkins Haaland

2) without Haaland

Raya

Torres PorroTsimikas Guehli Botman

Diaby Saka Salah Bowen Son

Nunez Watkins Alvarez

3) no Spurs

Raya

Torres Gabriel Tsimikas Guehli Botman

Diaby Saka Salah Mitoma Palmer

Nunez Watkins Haaland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 949 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

I think that would be a crazy use of a wildcard.

I’d want Watkins though and would sacrifice Son to get him.

edit - my post was in response to Cartman

Fitz I prefer 3 but I don’t like the Raya pick. Not in love with Diaby either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

The thing with no Haaland is that as he's owned by near 85%+ of teams, if he takes off like last season your screwed and it's likely to be a rank killer, this week he's likely to be up against Evens and Maguire - you'd think he's going to score. Given his price will also be very hard to get him back in. Given Luiz is on fire and on pens, would you not want him on Diaby?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,913 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

In 3 starts v utd he has blanked the last two

in the other one he got 3 goals and an assist

whatever about utd he could run rampant at home to bournemouth

I've never had a week where I've felt the need to get in so many players even at the expense of ebh

Villas home goals in the league in 4 games read 4/3/6/4 so you'd have to fancy a few at home to Luton

what a week for anyone who has a wildcard though

Wildcarders gifted a starting 5.5m striker with fantastic upcoming fixtures.

That’s assuming Nketiah will defo replace Jesus.

Will there be a better differential this weekend ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,426 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

How long is Jesus out for? If its only a couple of weeks then it hardly seems worth it when you've a blank to plan for in 18.

Out for 5-6 GWs then definitely worth it

Mixed news coming out.

Arteta said it was bad.

Jesus said he hopes it’s not too bad. He seemed more optimistic but did say he’d need a scan.

Doubt there’ll be any clarity before the deadline.

What are the time ranges for a return from a hamstring injury ? So what’s the best or worst case scenarios ? I don’t know.

• Advertisement

According to transfermarkt, Gabriel Jesus has had 2 previous hamstring injuries.

1 in 18/19, lasting 12 days and missed 4 total games.

1 in 19/20, lasting 26 days and missed 4 total games.

It's been a knee injury that has been his big issue while at Arsenal

I don't know if it means anything but it was a double substitution with him and Saka coming off, would kind of lead me to believe it was on the less serious side. On the plus side they're playing Sheffield this weekend and some people had suggested Saka might be rested, much more likely Saka will be rested now.

Maybe Nketiah fills his boots and its worth the one transfer you'll have to make

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Not sure I like this wildcard

Any obvious improvements?

Trying to pick 3 from Saka / Bowen / Diaby / Mitoma is tough.

Saka more than likely going to be in my team.

Diaby is not in form, has a bit of competition from Bailey now and don't want to over commit on Villa attack, but he has Luton at home this GW.

It might come down to having to pick between Mitoma / Bowen. Both have European games and seem to start there most times too. Bowen got a rest this week alright, but plays for a less attacking team than Mitoma does. Bowen is a bit more 'talisman' too.

Would have thought Diaby is the easiest to leave out from that group.

But it's Luton!

And then Forest after a free midweek. Would most likely transfer out then.

Very template, I'd have someone else over Sarr, I wouldn't like to tie up the third spot of one of the best teams in the league

Have decided to get rid of Diaby. But possibly Maddison too.

Salah / Saka / Son staying. Bowen is in too. So it's between Mitoma & Maddison. Mitoma has the fixtures, Maddison has the form.

This WC has so many options!

Sold Diaby (13), Mbuemo (13), Maddison (6) & Haaland (16) on WC for a total of 48.

Their replacemenets Mitoma (2), Bowen (2), Saka (6) & Nunez (10) have a bit to go to matching, and bettering them. (20)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭crushproof

Do you not think Diaby will have a bit of a decent run after his performance at the weekend?

• Advertisement

sorry, I WC'd in GW10, so I've already lost him.

Could have banked an extra 0.1 transfer value if I kept him for GW10 too.

Any other lunatics/geniuses out there still with the Wildly intact?

I don't hate my team but it could do with a freshen up.... floundering at 859K overall 😬

Will I hold off for another bit or pull the trigger??

I think you'd be mad to pull the trigger before 19 at this stage. If you save a transfer It'll allow you to go Haaland + another -> Isak + anyone in 18, plus set up for the DGW 20. Should be a huge advantage IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭The Guru 123

Thanks lads....will hold fire for another bit so 👍

Had a look at a GW19 WC, its hard, there are not a lot of good players when you take out Salah & Son

I think the game is great at the minute.

Can’t remember a time when there was so many options.

Great for me at 3 million overall to try and make some ground. 😁

There's loads of pods talking about how theres no choice, that you're stuck with Mbeumo, Saka, Son, Salah, Palmer, Haaland and Watkins.

Like you couldn't grow a brain and look outside of those picks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,896 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I still have my wildcard. Looking for recommendations as to what I should do. The first pic is an idea of what I might do but would really like suggestions.

I don't see any way I can bring in Salah, I feel overall I'll be down points if I make the changes necessary to get him.

• Advertisement

I'd hold the WC until 19 but if you are playing it....

I wouldn't be getting Bruno and Lindelof at this stage, I think United will struggle to get 6 points from the next 6 games.

I'd say Salah is essential at the moment, you've 8 attackers there, I'd turn Bruno & Son into Salah + another

Advertisement