Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wildcards discussion during FPL 23'/24'

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

What's peoples plans for using the wildcard if you still have one? GW19? Are many people in the same boat as me with still having the WC?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Yes, GW 19, it allows selling Haaland now, may also let you set up for the DGW if it ever gets announced

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Edit- wrong thread

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Not really a wildcard if you're just using ft's. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Lol sorry wrong thread 😅

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Yep 19

If it's confirmed that Haaland ends up not being back for 19, then I might stall till 20

You'll be using your second wildcard if you do that, first one expires after 19

I’ve started looking at the GW19 WC. First two drafts look like this, one with TAA and one without

Dubravka – Turner/Bentley

If Bentley starts again this week I’ll go for him

Brainwaite – Van Hecke – Trusty – Gabriel – TAA

Think the first three are no brainers, 3 defenders for 12m, hopefully Wilder tightens up Sheff U. Gabriel at 4.7 is great value

Salah – Foden – Gordon – Palmer – Richarlison

Watkins – Solanke/Haaland – Jesus

Think Jesus is a great pick ahead of Saka

Porro instead of TAA would leave me with 2.8 in the bank but not sure where I would spend it given the value in defence and the lack of clean sheets

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

Strong front 8 could be torture.

I’d settle on a formation and downgrade the leftover attacker. I think 352 is the way to go. I’d look at Foster for my third striker at only 4.8m. He had 5 returns in 7 starts before his break from the game.

I’d use that money to upgrade Van Hecke to Trippier. The have great fixtures and have a clear run in the league without Europe.

edit - near impossible not to go 352 because of Palmer and Gordon who could remain in my team for the rest of the season.

Who would you lose out of the front three?

I need some Arsenal cover and I think Jesus could outperform Saka.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Despite our different views most weeks that team is very similar to my current.

i think Jackson at his price point and fixtures is worth having and scored at the weekend. I also squeezed Son in there too, but given he’ll be gone in January probably no need to have him

Looking at it, I'm not sure there's any benefit to waiting until 19

Just keeping the cash to get Haaland after you sell Salah might be optimum. Would leave you with a cracking team until 25 and worry about Son and Salah then

I like this team the most.

Yeah, I agree with Foden getting the chop from your front 8.

I’m assuming you’ll go with a playing striker over Haaland but keep the cash in the bank to get him in one move.

So I made a mistake in my dates, thought the WC had to be played for 19 when it's actually 20.

Anyway, I've come around to this. Banking on Haaland missing 19 and 20 at least. That means Im banking the cash I need for the Haaland transfer in a defender, selling Salah will allow me get to him.

Good strategy to get Haaland back in but don’t forget that Salah doesn’t miss a ton of games.

Gordon also taken off injured last night so not sure how bad that is. It was only a matter of time the way Howe had been flogging him.

25 is a long way away. I'm a -4 from anyone so I won't worry about that, a bit of planning should solve that.

What's your thoughts on Dubravka? Will they buy? Leno, Neto, Pickford are all options.

I'm tied in with Gordon, have him at 5.5m, so unless his leg falls off I'll keep him

I'm not sold on Foden, could be punishd for that penalty. I am Bruno curious, terrible form but great fixtures

I don’t think Newcastle will buy from what I’ve heard a couple of journalists say. Dubravka is rated at the club but you never know as they are the wealthiest club in the world so can do whatever they want. I own Dubravka and I’m not too concerned. I’d rather a better second choice than Bentley though.

Bentley is there on the hope Sa is out for a while. Other cheap options are all dodgy too imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

I had hoped to hold until GW20, but have a few issues this week so going to play the WC. Looking at:

Raya/Dubravka

Porro, TAA, Konsa, Gusto, Branthwaite

Salah, Son, Bowen, Douglas Luiz, Palmer

Solanke, Watkins, AN Other

I have 9.2m for the last striker. Might go Gabriel Jesus, or keep some cash and go for Cunha. I could also downgrade Son to Kulusevski and have more cash in reserve should i need to get Haaland back in soon. Leaving out Son would also mean one less transfer when he goes to Asian Cup.

Any thoughts?

Love the team you ended up on with the exception of the keepers. Well Bentley anyway but know you’re not bothered. I would have gambled on Areola getting his place back.

I’m assuming you’ll sell Salah for Haaland but you may actually struggle to want both of them because of the balance of your team and the options you have.

Salah might come back from Egypt all depressed again and off kilter.

Cheers, went for Saka in the end over Foden. Probably the most template team I've ever had.

Looking around there's plenty of teams with 7/8/9 of the same players but then they'll have Lascelles v my Trippier, or Tmisikas v my Trent. It makes me thing that there are gains to be made over the next 3-4 GWs with this team.

Provided Son doesn't murder Richarlison

I have a feeling Haaland won't be back this side of the break which will make it easier to plan for Salah back in 25

So I don't have to use my wildcard this week ? I can save it for 20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Yep. Saturday 30th December 11:00 is the deadline for using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭chrisd2019

Thanks folks. Gonna save it for next gameweek. Far too drunk to think about it tonight and I'll be far too hungover tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Started messing about there with a draft or two

Gonna keep Salah for one more game...will take a hit if needs be to get Haaland back at some stage

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Watkins is a little off the boil, Joao Pedro could be worth a punt - Brighton have good fixtures and tonight will give them confidence. Garnacho is another one, decent fixtures and has form. Ricky is another one, granted he blanked tonight, but his form is pretty good. Dunno about Odergaard. liek the Elanga pick even if only a sub. VVD might be worth double pool defence, every TAA corner is aimed at his head so could be a double digit score coming soon for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,487 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Watkins is joint top scorer with Haaland among forwards. It'd be crazy to dump him over two poor games.

You should be dumping one of your other forwards if you fancy bringing someone new in.

Advertisement