Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jobseekers benefit close claim request

• 23-09-2023 7:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hello.I was receiving jobseekers benefit over the summer as I'm a teacher so don't get paid during this time.I closed my claim online and got a message saying that my close claim request will be forwarded to my local Intreo office.How long does it usually take for the close claim request to be processed/fully closed?Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,028 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Almost immediately. Jobseekers Payments are paid a week in arrears, so your final payment is the week after you've closed your claim, I believe

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Teacher17

My claim was suspended when I went back teaching and was then going to be moved to x's and o's as I was subbing but the subbing led to a fixed term position so I closed the claim online but when I look online it still says suspended but this is probably because it takes a few days to fully close hopefully.🙈

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,028 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Yes thats normal, I'd check with them on Monday to see if there'll be a final payment next week.

When your claim fully closed it will disappear completely

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Advertisement