Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Go not Playing on Apple TV

• 23-09-2023 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi, just wondering if anybody can help me out with this. I have Eir Broadband with Eir TV. Eir TV is streamed via an Apple 4K TV box supplied by Eir. I downloaded Sky Go and logged in as I do on my other devices. Can see all the shows, tv guide etc but nothing will actually play. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 336 ✭✭Tech_Head

Do you have the relevant subscription?

Sky Go works on games consoles and portable devices with the basic pack.

For Sky Go on Apple TV, you'll also need a Sky Multiscreen or Whole Home subscription.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-go-what-do-you-need-help-with#:~:text=To%20enjoy%20Sky%20Go%20on,t%20have%20any%20active%20subscriptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 SniperOverLord

Yeah, have multiscreen. Don’t understand it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

OP, you mention you have eir TV.

Are you also a Sky satellite (Sky Q/Sky+HD) or Sky Stream subscriber? The Sky Go app is for Sky direct subscribers only.

To view eir TV out of home you need the eir TV app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭galtee boy

Can I ask is the RTE Player and Virgin Media player available on an Apple TV box and can you access live streams of the channels on both players ? Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,797 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Live TV is available on both apps. However Virgin 4 isn't available on the Virgin Media Player for some reason.

• Advertisement
Advertisement