Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying on watches in shops taking

Options
  • 23-09-2023 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭

I tried on a few watches ago in a shop and I asked the salesman could I take photos of the watches on my wrist he reluctantly agreed and then he asked me why.

I said they are epensive purchases and I wanted to take my time making an expensive purchase decision. He wasn't impressed and I asked him do other customers not take photos and he said no.

Am I abnormal? :)

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,948 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Nope, seems perfectly normal to me and it's exactly what I do when choosing a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

The salesperson just wants you to handover cash, don't ask questions or spend time. Just cash, take watch and leave

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Santan

In the Jaeger-LeCoultre shop recently and they actively encouraged taking photos, they were fantastic, beautiful shop and genuinely great service

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Buy it online cheaper…….hence photo..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,050 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

A lot of shops are really struggling to hide their disdain for in shop behaviour such as photos because they'll prob never see the customer again and they have left the shop with the experts advice and photos to make an informed purchase online

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭scwazrh

I’m sure it’s annoying for ADs buts it their own fault. The ridiculous price increases over the last year or so , along with the new practice of refusing discounts or just giving 5% off ,what do they expect customers to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Fitz II

I take loads of photos of watches on, I never ask if I can. How else can I make decisions about what looks good, without a bit of looking at it on without the pressure of the retail environment, Also if I fancy a watch I have not previously researched I need to take my time, not dropping the dosh without due consideration.

To be honest I dont think the sales people give a crap or not if you take pictures, its just they know if you do that you not going to put cash down today.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,795 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Not quite an A.D experience but I have often done business with Matthew Stephens in Limerick and they go so far as to have a full length mirror for one to get a good view of the jewellery for the Mrs or the Watches for myself.

In actual ADs, Keane's in Limerick, Weirs in both City Centre and Dundrum and Lunns in Belfast Ive never had any issue raised re: photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

I never ask, i just take the photos and i have never been questioned

i was in keanes recently bored and started chatting to a bloke there i hadn't seen before and he said i seemed quite knowledgeable about watches so i enquired how long he's been involved in the industry and he said 3 months and before that he was working in dealz so don't be too worried about the staff they aren't anything special and likely just have the arse hole over something, i am always polite and expect the same back in return.

The internet isn’t for everyone

Advertisement