Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New house - No white goods

Options
  • 25-09-2023 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Looking at getting a newly build home (small apartment). But it comes with no white goods...oven, fridge, washing machine etc.

I know that this is standard enough with most new builds less the oven. But, is there anything else I should be asking? Like does the place come with floors finished? Does the shower come with a door etc.

Am a first time buyer, so sorry if these are stupid Q's! Any small pieces of advice appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,300 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

There should be very clear drawings/schedules of inclusions. Which should also be attached to the contract of sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jams100

Thanks, no contracts have been signed at this stage, I've just viewed, talked to the estate agent and agreed the sale (with nothing official or deposit paid, so can, and may back out).

Was a little surprised that an oven wasn't included, is that normal? I get all the other white goods, but if they aren't putting in an oven it is making me think is there anything else they are going to try not put in?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Floors won't be finished anyway. That'll be on you to do it to your own taste. As for everything else, you'll just have to ask the right people nobody here will have a clue what they are including or not including.

I wouldn't take anything for granted to be included these days, houses will sell no matter what do from developers point of view, why add 2k or so of extra white goods they can get away with not including.

I bought my house in 2010 at a vastly reduced price and all my white goods were included as a sweetener but nothing was selling in those days. Washer/dryer combo still going strong but dishwasher and oven have long since been replaced and I think I'm on fridge number 3 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Iodine1

Bought different houses over years, all came with different specs from no kitchen whatsoever, to no white goods, to some included. In all cases however the agents were very clear about what was in or out and I feel they did not want any disputes afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jams100

That's what im worried about, they could sell a cardboard box at this stage and it would be bought. Will have to be asking a lot for questions to estate agent it seems. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,300 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I’d have said in general the oven is usually included as it’s a fixture. Whereas fridge, washing machine etc are fittings not fixtures. That’s the pretty common delineation. But there’s no rules.

Hoses sell with and without fittings, floor finishes etc all the time.

Advertisement