Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places to rollerskate safely in Dublin?

Options
  • 25-09-2023 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭

I know there's a 1980s-style roller disco behind Eurocycles on the Long Mile Road (https://www.therink.ie/) but where in Dublin would have outside surfaces smooth enough for young kids to skate on/fall on without too much damage? Does the Phoenix Park or any other park have surfaces suitable for, or even made for, roller skating? (i.e. quads, rather than roller blading). Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,677 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

The model car racing track in St. Annes park (when there's no model car racing which is most of the year). All my kids learned to skateboard there. Super smooth well maintained tarmac, nice soft safe grass runoffs, fenced in, on a very slight slope, coffee nearby in Olives for parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,967 ✭✭✭✭GBX

There's a cycle track in Corcaigh Park in Clondalkin. I've seen kids in their on blades. It does host cycle events but I'm sure you'd be welcome to skate while there are no racing on.

Advertisement