Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remote Control slope mower

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭cristeoir

That mower is advertised as cutting up to a 30 degree slope whereas Husquavarna do one at the same money that will cut up to 45 degree slope. Plus you can buy it from a dealer in Ireland and get after sales service

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭cristeoir

I just looked again and they also make one that cuts up to 70 degrees

• Registered Users Posts: 6,732 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

If its that steep a proper petrol Flymo on a rope worked up and down from the top is a good option.

Looks like this is the mower the OP is on about

If you check the sellers feedback on Amazon you'll see they don't have any. Suspect they haven't sold any/many through Amazon store. Maybe you have some comeback buying through Amazon but as this is a third party seller that could be selling from China I'm not sure I'd risk it?

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

What is the area of the slope ? That seems slow, difficult to control & incredibly expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭alanmc

About 500m sq. It is expensive, Yeah.

The slope starts at the top of a 5ft retaining wall and then slopes back up to roughly the height of the house. Pretty steep and meadow grass/weeds at the moment. I've been up on it a few times, but it's pretty dangerous for anything other than a mountain goat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I used to do a few slopes. Firstly get cricket boots with spikes on them. I used to strim a big slope with the residents baffled as to how I was glued to the grass.

Various options. Flymo on a rope as has been already mentioned, strimmer or slope mower. This is usually a two stroke mower that isn't reliant on an oil feed. You can actually use a normal mower if the know where the oil feed is & ensure that it doesn't run dry.

https://www.as-motor.com/variant/professional-lawn-mowers/

Advertisement