Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engine rebuild

Options
  • 27-09-2023 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Looking for someone to rebuild/upgrade (forged rods) a 1.8 turbo petrol 20v VAG engine (AUQ)? Already tried Dan Daly and they won't do it for some reason. Needs to be top top quality work. Anybody able point me in the right direction?

Post edited by Spear on
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,348 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

You need to get a motorsport company.

Clearly you are going for big turbo considering the forged rods.

Your run of the mill places don't want the hassle knowing it could come back to them for a multitude of reasons.

The final tune you run will be all important and a bad one could destroy an engine in a few miles, hence the unwillingness to get involved.

So get someone who will do the build and has a trusted tuner would be my advice.

I rebuilt my own 1.8T 225 bhp top to bottom with standard bits. Not a complex job once head is sent to shop.

Wouldnt touch a high power build though.

Advertisement