Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weather has activated alarm

• 27-09-2023 2:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭

G4 Accenta alarm system in house. Pir sensor used. nothing on doors or windows.

Alarm has not been turned on. Weather has triggered it somehow. Can't get it off.

I've pulled the rcb, fuse and the back up battery.

How long until it shuts up?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Seems to be a problem with the box outside.

Doing my head in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,714 ✭✭✭10-10-20

15 to 20 mins before it should shut-off. But I'd wonder if there was a tamper on the external sounder, it might not shut-up till the battery runs low.

Tried to press 'X' to reset, but no joy.

That makes sense as nothing I could do inside send to effect it.

There is a fail on 4.

Not sure what code 1 on 2 means.

• Advertisement

Do you have a comms error or any tamper notification on the panel?

No. Just that.

I did open the g4 box t to disconnect the internal battery which it didn't like as there is a break to make switch, but the external alarm was already sounding for at least 5min when I done that.

You'll need an engineer code now to reset it anyway after triggering the tamper. Maybe that login will also show logs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Jnealon

It's the bell outside, either water ingress or a tamper issue. Not really a job for a DIYer, best call your installer to service the system as it's quite old

It has gone off again. If I disconnect power at the RCB will that prevent further activations or will the box outside continue to do its own thing?

Or is there a battery in the outside box that I can access and remove?

• Advertisement

Didn't see a battery in the box, so just cut the wires to the alarm. Didn't see any signs of corrosion or anti tamper. Was a spider or two in it, but that was all.

Looked to be a large capacitor on a circuit board, but when I was up that far I wasn't going to wait for it to dissipate so cut the wires. Need to get it looked at anyway.

Advertisement