Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

eFlow - ongoing dispute

• 27-09-2023 5:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,839 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I have been charged an extra €25 on my eFlow account for the past few months. I went to customer service every month and they refunded the money. But I escalated the issue and the manager called me to say there was a delayed return of the tag, but all should be in order now.

I returned the tag in June 2022 as they were upgrading all the tags, and now I feel they are trying for an easy pull. They stopped returning my calls and emails.

Where do I stand legally? They charged my credit card €25 and I am extremely unhappy with their customer service.

Could I bring this issue to small claim courts?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Citrus_8

Their T&C allow a charge for unreturned tag as it's their property. If you don't have a proof of a registered post they received, then how will you proof that you've returned their property?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,839 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I took a picture of the package at the post office.

And they did say later on that they have received the tag in July 2022.

Can they charge for missing tag after 12 months?

A package photo means nothing if it doesn't have a tracking number visible.

Their calls are recorded. If it was admitted that they have received, ask for a call transcript if not older than 30 days call. Then use it to make an official complaint with a registered post. This will cost you postage so you'd be left with nearly half of it. Or just ring them and explain, be nice. I don't see the reason for them to refuse refund if they received a tag.

Thanks for the suggestions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 473 ✭✭BigGeorge

I got nowhere with them until I activated an official customer complaint as per their customer charter and asked for a case number. That accelerated the process and got their attention. Until that point it was treading water..

• Advertisement

Thanks for the heads up.

I do have a case number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭mondeoman72

Obvious one is to charge back on the CC and notify them in writing you did it and why. When you talk to them on the phone, get a name. Next time you call, ask for that person again. Personalise it. I want to speak to Mary. Hiya, they did it again, can you fix it again please.

Gets their attention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

One further strategy is a data protection request for all their dealings with you, which would include recordings, emails etc. You have a right to have any inaccurate information corrected.

Possibly the best plan is to do some of the above, talk nicely to a person etc, but if they stonewall you point out that you can put them to the work of compiling all the data anyway and the easiest thing is just to sort it out.

Not sure about their current call centre, as it's now operated by a different company, but previously they wouldn't transfer a call to another agent as it's an inefficient way to deal and personal call isn't the best approach to eflow because it reduce a chance to collect.

• Advertisement

Do you mean disputed transaction in their website? That wouldn't be considered as a complaint. It would freeze the penalty giving some time to investigate the case. Anyone can dispute and it used to be explained in their letter.

Advertisement