Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC alarm actived on powerup , cannot turn off , no access to panel

• 27-09-2023 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi there , bit of a strange one here.

A friend of mine has an old HKC panel . After a recent power cut the alarm activated on power up and couldnt be turned off from the keypad , so he killed the power at the fuse board. I have limited experience of fitting family alarms over the years so I called down myself to have a look. Again the alarm actived on powerup but I couldnt disable it , i tried the usual default codes , 1111, 1234, 4567 but reckon it has to be engineer locked. On bootup I noticed its a 610 panel , fitted 1999.

My problem is I cannot find the panel !

I checked the usual spots, hotpress, under the stairs , wardrobes etc . I spent an hour searching and crawling around the attic and the only conclusion is the panel is under the attic flooring. The cables from the front and back off the house are dissapearing under the attic floor but there is a massive amount of stuff on top of it, right up to the rafters. It would take hours to shift.

I think I know the answer will be with no access to the panel I'm screwed. Just hoping someone out there has another suggestion. I disconnected the panel power from the fuseboard so pressure is off .

P.

Comments

Advertisement