Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

first watch ? advice

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I really can't comment on price but it's quite old and it's a quartz which should make it less expensive compared to an automatic. Hopefully someone with a better insight into pricing might comment. About the strap, yes it can be easily adjusted by removing the pins from some of the links. Any jeweller should have no problem doing or you could buy a handy watch toolkit from Amazon for example and have the flexibility to alter it yourself whenever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Anything we can say to make you fall out of love with it? That’s a bit aesthetically challenged. Also very small at 32mm across and 7mm thick.

Slightly more worn one for sale on omegaforums for 400€ so I’d say priced way too high.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Yep, that's the "ladies" version of that model and way overpriced IMHO. I'd avoid and look for the larger mens examples. Quartz or no they're actually a very solidly well made watch. When they were new quartz was The Thing(c) and "luxury" and pricey with it so with the big name brands like Omega they got the best dials, cases, bracelets etc

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

• Registered Users Posts: 16,795 ✭✭✭✭banie01

The younger crowd are definitely reverting to smaller watches. My young lad (19) wears my Astronaut constantly and has a small Cartier tank, it's tiny like! A medium Santos or a 36mm Deville would all be his preferred sizing. So as old phogeys we may be out of style 🤷‍♀️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

Yep - my 19 year old nephew is mad for my 36mm Datejust. Old school seems to be new school.

Advertisement