Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Does a traffic offence become spent?

• 28-09-2023 1:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,922 ✭✭✭✭

If you get prosecuted & fined for a motoring offence, how long does this stay on your record & Garda pulse etc?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

7 years. I had one which now no longer legally exists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,922 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

But does it for the Gardai? Would it show up on their records if you were stopped again or used to decide on whether to stop you?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

it will stay on the pulse system as its a prosecution from what I know.

Plenty of stories in the media about people in court for driving convictions and listing offences back over 10+ years to the judge etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26 r65

Stays on Pulse for ever.

Old old traffic misdemeanors cropped up when I went for a CS job and needed to complete Garda Vetting.

(Job was in Justice, so gets a more thorough form of vetting)

Advertisement