Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Skoda superb steering rack.

• 29-09-2023 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

So I have a 2018 skoda superb 2.0 sportline and I’ve had an annoying rattle coming from the front end of the car mainly over bumps and sleeping policemen ongoing for about 6 months, took it to my local mechanic who says there is play in the rack itself. He also changed the front drop links but didn’t really improve the symptoms.

I then took it to a main skoda dealer who didn’t really give any details about the other than to advise changing the steering rack and then they would review the noise! The cost of the part alone is €2000 plus labour plus tracking etc. plus they won’t tell me the part number due to company policy so it’s not going to be easy to find a second hand part that will fit. NB. It’s an electric rack.

The car is out of warranty so all cost of repair will be on me.

does anyone have any experience with resolving issues like this? I am thinking about getting it reconditioned by a company is Dublin. Will there be issues with coding post change etc.

any advice would be appreciated!

Comments

Advertisement