Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there any good gunsmiths around the south east area

Options
  • 30-09-2023 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Looking for one that can install express sights on my Howa 1500? They are bolt/screw on, not solder type. I also need an English Walnut stock to get chequered, is there anyone that can do that, Pat Sludds said he doesn't have time to do it. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭delboythedub

You could give Robert in Sportsmans Finglas a phone call as he is good at sorting things out. he did a great job on sorting out a friends Lever action rifle that was totally unable to hit a barn door up close and he was the only one to fix my pistol when nobody else would look at it for me. Try contacting him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Exp271

Thanks lads, seen as Don is closer to me I'll give him a ring tomorrow. if he cant I'll try Robert in Finglas

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,070 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Based in Cork.

I’ve spoken to Philip a few times by mail looking for parts for my Sig Pistol and was very helpful.

http://www.smallarmsservices.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,986 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Bit out of the way perhaps?But you could also try Fabian Connolly up in Letrim, or Tonny Curran over in Ardee Sports for the sights.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Exp271

Thanks Gumbo, I rang him and he said he'll do it for me. Now I juts need to find someone to checker the stock

Advertisement