Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi Double Charging

Options
  • 30-09-2023 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

I got a taxi home from a friend's house a couple of weeks ago. The friend ordered the taxi on freenow for me(my phone battery was dead).

I wasn't aware the account would pay and ask the taxi driver how much I owed him. E20, he swiped from my card. I followed up with my friend to send them the fare and he said his card had been charged e21 also......surely the taxi driver knew the fare was already paid for through the app?

He has emailed freenow for resolution, no response back except a ticket number.....

What's the best course of action?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,609 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

The best course of action is exactly what ye are doing. Absolutely hound Freenow for urgent updates and question how this could have happened. The €21 refund should of course be given and almost certainly will be, so long as the taxi doesn't start saying ye gave it as a tip or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭timc1

Freenow processed a refund begrudgingly, stating I should have stated the app was to pay for the fare(however it was booked using another person's app). Taxi driver knew he was double charging as the app lets him know it's already being paid through the booking.......freenow blamed the customer, quite unbelievable.

Advertisement