Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post sale of property removal of vehicle

• 01-10-2023 1:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

closed on the sale of a site down in Cork (currently live in Dublin) 2 weeks ago, my parents have a house on one side and for years the neighbour on the other side has been parking cars on the site.

-The car in question is a vintage Jag which the neighbour claims is a friends and he would try contact them when I said it the last time I was down.

-My father knows the neighbour and asked him very nicely to move it as I have bought the site about a week ago.

-We asked the real estate agent to contact the previous site owner who said it was the neighbours car and nothing to do with them,

heading down next weekend to start to clear the site back as it’s overgrown so really need the car out the way and said neighbours garden is encroaching over the boundary so I’ll have to deal with that also over the next few weeks so I’m trying to avoid starting a fight the first time I go down as owner!

any advice on next steps here given the above? Calling the Gards seems an escalation but he has been asked more than once

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

You shouldn't have closed the sale until the car was gone. What sort of a solicitor have you? How could you let that happen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26 r65

The neighbour says it belongs to a friend of his.

Just tell the neighbour that you are ringing the local scrap metal yard "next Monday" if the car isn't gone by then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Is there a clear-ish path to drag it away from your site? Actually quite a useful way to clear scrub, drag a car along it until it's someone else's problem!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭GavPJ

My guess is that it is a worthless piece of scrap that the "owner" thinks is

going to be worth a fortune one day whenever they get around to "rebuilding" it.

Report it to the council as abandoned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,608 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Calling AGS would be a pointless escalation because they would have no function in a case like this.

You need contact details for the car owner and get in touch directly.

By the way by do you have a boundary issue ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Dancork7

Thanks we ended up getting nowhere so rang AGS just with the reg to get the owner of the car but do nothing else, which turned out to be the seller all along. Told sellers solicitor if it’s not gone by today we will get it towed and that gave him the kick needed to remove.

yes we have a boundary we are putting up fencing this afternoon and we have had a surveyor out to map the true boundary to shove the encroaching neighbour back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,978 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Op and for anyone else in such a situation you should not have closed the sale until the boundary was clearly defined. The car was a minor issue in a way the fact the neighbours garden encroached onto the property should have been sorted before sale.

In a situation like this this all that should have been sorted before closing

Slava Ukrainii

Advertisement