Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should a Thread open where I last viewed it?

• 01-10-2023 2:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭BrianJD

For example, I go in the Arsenal thread and it opens on Page 101 always and I have to go to the end and work back. Is that normal or is there a way for it to go where last viewed like other discussion pages I’ve used?

Thanks

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,481 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Where are you opening the threads from? what page? If you open a thread from https://www.boards.ie/ i.e. the Latest Posts page it doesn't bring you to the last place you viewed. If you open a thread from the Discussions or Bookmark pages it should. You will notice that threads opened from those places have #latest at the end of the URL that is opened. Opening a thread from the main page doesn't append that to the URL. This is something that was raised a loooooooong time ago and I assumed it had been fixed. I dont use the main page at all so it never affected me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭BrianJD

Im just opening it on Safari tbh. Like I have saved the Arsenal Thread on my Homepage but it never opens on the last page or last viewed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,481 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Does your bookmark have #latest at the end? I suspect it doesn't

• I only ever go to the last post (most recent) if I click the time it was posted. If I click the title I am brought to wherever I was last or the OP.

iPhone safari.

Advertisement