Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mondeo 1.8 tdci serious oil leak

• 01-10-2023 11:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭

My bro-in-law has a 2007 Mondeo with the 1.8 TdCi diesel engine .

This evening while returning from a journey he noticed smoke behind him and on investigation found oil all over the timing belt side of the engine and also on the mudflap and back along the side of the car.

He stopped off at my place and when I dipped it no oil showed on the dipstick. It took about 2.5 L before showing a little over the min mark - so he had lost a lot of oil , but was certain oil light hadn't come on.

I would appreciate any opinions from anyone familiar with those engines as to what may have failed - I was thinking of front crank seal ????. There was a small drip of oil under the car for a few days - I think it was the drive on the motorway that caused something to fail in a big way.Engine bay at that end is a complete mess so will have to be cleaned up somehow and those engines don't have great access.

Any opinions/suggestions/advice greatly appreciated.

Advertisement