Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EPH R17 says ON but red light button OFF = Boiler not working

Options
  • 02-10-2023 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi, I have an EPH R17 heat control that is used on my logic boiler. I recently changed the fan on the boiler and it's been working fine.

The issue is the heat control says ON but the red light isn’t coming on. This leads me to believe the power into the control is good but there could be some signal issue with the boiler which is why it’s not powering up? I’ve circled the buttons that turn red when it’s heating but as you can see, it says ON but not turning red and the boiler is not firing up.

I've restarted the boiler, reset the EPK heat control, and turned the main fuse off and back on again, and still nothing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Moravcik67

Hi, would any know why EPH controls r17 rf red light is not coming on to turn on the boiler. When you press the on button the 'on' shows on the display but no red light comes on. This has been happening sporadically over the last few months since we had our radiators flushed. I've tried turning circuit breaker off and taking out fuse and resetting boiler. This normally worked before but tonight nothing will.

Any help appreciated, thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

Is there a room stat some where that might need Turing up or batteries changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

I've a 2 zone EPH system.

Zone 2. Everything is working perfectly. I can control from phone, main wall control and also the stat.

Zone 1. Which is set up and modelled the same as zone 1 has suddenly stopped working.
    When I boost or auto time or turn on manually it says it's on in all three places..(main control, stat and phone) but the red light on the main control is not on and it's not calling the boiler. The clicking sound also never happens.

Is there anything I can do?

Here's the settings.

I've tried unplugged the valve and turning electricity on and off.

Both pipes in and out of zone 1 are hot but the rads are not hot, the return pipe is not hot.

I thought pulling the silver lever at the bottom of the pipe manually opened the value, does it not remain open?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭CaptainCoPilot

When you say there is no clicking do you mean the clicking noise from the thermostat in the room?

The way this works is the power comes from the programmer to the thermostat, if the thermostat is not satisfied it then sends the power to the yellow valve which opens and fires the boiler and pump.

Based on what you are saying I suspect the thermostat on that zone is faulty rather than the valve. One way of checking this is swapping the leads between the valves, then turn on the zone you know is working and see does it power the valve on the faulty zone. This will confirm a fault with the stat. If the valve still doesn't open then its the valve.

The silver lever needs to be locked into the manual open position, there is a little hook that stops it returning to the auto position if you look closely.

• Advertisement

You are 100% correct.
    Thanks for your response.

The lovely guy from Eph called and as soon as we took the thermostat off the control the heating turned on. So he's sending out a replacement to me.
    I couldn't be more delighted with their service.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 lindsas3

Hi, I have an EPH R17 heat control that is used on my logic boiler. I recently changed the fan on the boiler and it's been working fine.

The issue is the heat control says ON but the red light isn’t coming on. This leads me to believe the power into the control is good but there could be some signal issue with the boiler which is why it’s not powering up? I’ve circled the buttons that turn red when it’s heating but as you can see, it says ON but not turning red and the boiler is not firing up.

I've restarted the boiler, reset the EPK heat control, and turned the main fuse off and back on again, and still nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 lindsas3

MOD NOTE. I've merged the three posts as it's considered site spamming to post the same questions multiple times.

Post edited by Wearb on

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sadaly

Hi there,

This happened to me too. I increased the target temperature on the thermostat and that fixed the problem. Hope this helps.

Advertisement