Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2023 ODI Cricket World Cup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭MFPM

India flying, 45 off 4 overs, Jansen gone for 26 in 2 overs, he's all over the place at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭Gillespy

Very nervous start by Jansen. Don’t think I ever saw him spray it like that. Since then Rabada and Maharaj have been excellent. South Africa will be praying for heavy dew with how much turn there is already.

Maharaj bowled really well there, only 1 wicket but pulled the scoring rate back. Shamsi getting smacked now!

Jansen just not at it today. Kohli and Sherayas cutting loose now.

I think this has been a decent performance by SA in the end with the ball, they'll think they can chase that total but it'll be tough with this India bowling unit.

Kohli draws level with Tendulkar on 49 ODI centuries, big achievement...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Virat slowly batting for himself again, 326 is an OK score, but him plodding along at 5 an over wasn't much help, all the brainwashed Indian fans won't care, narcissus got a ton. Left about 30 behind though

This is staggering to watch. SA the second best team in the WC being annihilated by India and Jadeja in particular.

5 for Jadeja! SA 79/9...

That's it. SA all out for 83, lose by 243 runs.

They are going to take some stopping!

• Advertisement

Hand Rohit the trophy and be done with it I think. The Indian attack is just relentless. All individually great bowlers and everyone of them is in great form. Complete masters of their home conditions.

Kohli might be motivated by personal milestones but he knows any kind of par score will do with the attack they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Gaurav10b

Slightly off topic but any bar in Dublin where people come and watch cricket? Looking for good recommendation for finals and semifinals

Disgraceful by Shakib the Bangladesh captain to appeal for a timeout of Angelo Mathews. He was on the field but his helmet had a problem. First in international cricket apparently. Hope Sri Lanka smash them now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Didnt even know that rule existed. Surprised a team captain would know it, if its never been used/applied before in international cricket.

Not very sportsman like.

If he was taking the piss (or taking a piss) and not out on the field in a timely manner, then sure, punish. But losing a wicket seems extreme.

I knew it existed because during the fall of quick wickets like a hat trick, the commentators would half joke about players not being ready and getting timed out. I never seen it being a serious threat before today.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,472 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

all cricketing organisations should review their invitations to Bangladesh in terms of facilitating them with fixtures… This wasn’t some over enthusiastic 19 year old on his second cap it was their captain….absolutely scummy carry on…

nowhere near good enough …a real low point in the sport.

i was aware of the rule but in over 30 years of watching cricket I never witnessed an appeal let alone the umpires being coerced to give it out… guy had a problem with his equipment…ffs.

What’s worse is the appeal also on reflection could have been withdrawn anytime before the ball comes into play again.

Hopefully Bangladesh get smashed to pieces wherever and against whoever they play,

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭fido_dido

He was on crease adjusting the strap when it broke. Unlucky!

What wouldve happened if he realised he was at the 3 minute limit and took the first delivery without helmet or with helmet (with broken strap), then stopped play after 1 delivery to have it fixed or changed?

Play gets stopped for broken bats and other stuff all the time, im not sure how this was made an exception.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,472 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Considering that Bangladesh have had the physio and doctor on twice at least twice that I saw so far in this batting innings to administer lengthy treatment that must have taken close to ten minutes out of the game at least…. And before that they appeal to have a Sri Lankan player successfully timed out because he unfortunately had some equipment break … you couldn’t make it up… a real scummy hypocritical team.

now Shakhib appeals for a wide that isn’t given. 🙄

Would be a crowd like the Bangladesh donkeys who would try that OK, if they put as much effort into playing properly they wouldn't have to worry about trying to invoke an obscure rule to get a wicket. Easy say it now, but Matthews should have blocked one ball and then changed his helmet, it wasnt as if there were 2 or 3 quick wickets and he had to rush in

• Advertisement

Now the donkeys lose 2 quick wickets, and the collapse is on 212/4

249/5 now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,126 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Wickets tumbling, Sri Lanka need another 4 to win yet Cricinfo's win probability says 99.7% change of a Bangladesh win? I've no idea how they're calculating that figure but a lot of the time it's absolutely way off.

It's probably unlikely but should be 90%, 268-6 now, it doesn't take into account the past losses, only the % now. For example if a side was 100/2 chasing 180 and got rolled for 160, the win % at 100/2 would be the exact same the following day if the same scenario reoccoured.

Brainless from Bangladesh, I said on an earlier post that its like watching the road runner watching them, they fall into every possible trap and do it in every game, when they were 200/2 I turned it back on to watch the collapse, they are going 6 4 or out now, lucky they only need 7 more runs

Got there at a good rate 282/7 with more than 8 overs to spare

Australia in a spot of bother against Afghanistan. 49-3 chasing 292. Warner, Head and Marsh gone and they’ve no Steve Smith today. Big job on for Labushchange now.

Last round of games will be spicy if Afghanistan wins this.

Will leave both Aus and Afg on 10 points each in the top 4, with NZ and Pak on 8 points each in 5th and 6th going into the last round.

Surely one of the biggest cricket upsets if Afg makes it to the semi finals, with the way things are in that country also?

Just saw Australia in a whole lot of trouble. I thought they'd chase that total relatively OK. Big ask to get this now. If AFG win they are in with a real shout to make the semis and NZ will be under huge pressure to beat SL.

The trajectory of the Afghan side compared to Ireland since they both got full member ICC status is stark.

• Advertisement

And their (Afg) last game is against us (SA). They will be hoping we implode again like against Netherlands and India, which will put them on equal points at 12.

Aus last game is against Bangladesh, if they win puts them on 12 points also, leaving NZ and Pak unable to qualify even if they win their last games.

Advertisement