Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farm payments 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,442 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

All the more reason to pay by bank transfer. Had a cheque lately that went out 6-8 weeks after I gave it to a lad. I usually sign no more than 6-10 cheques a year at present. Huweytgey have there advantage for certain tnings

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭josephsoap

is the ECO payment due next on the 31st ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,316 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Biss has arrived.

If giving a cheque, I tell them hold it for a couple of days, until I transfer money into that account. Usually cashed within the week😉

• Registered Users Posts: 3,283 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Arrived today.

paying for fertiliser but will have to wait to pay the silage contractor,

i usually have to chase him for months for the bill- this year I only asked the once.

the lad that draws in bales for me sends and invoice that evening and pay by transfer- awful handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,419 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Yes.

• Advertisement

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Sami23

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭cap.in.hand.

Just looking again..mine is 43.17 per hectare.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭alps

€2,000,000 collected since for something done 20 years ago🤑

• Registered Users Posts: 5,171 ✭✭✭Grueller

And whinging now that he has to survive on equality

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Seadin

No ANC or Biss received yet due to a error in an overclaim with parcels of land which aren't an overclaim and are actually correct. Have my advisor sorting it for me. This department has done nothing but break my heart trying to get the money owed to me and I'm on my 2nd year of taking over the farm. It took me months last year to get things sorted with numerous phone calls. Some of the payments are a month late this year which is bad enough and now this. I'm sure I'm not the only one. I know I will get it but I still don't want to be a month or more late of getting it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Cran

Don’t worry same boat, a query on a parcel we split for another scheme less than 0.1 hc answered same day & now everything held up. Response from department we can’t provide any time line or indication. Tbh their attitude annoys me more than anything if I’m honest

If you or I owed them money, they wouldn't be long coming after you and me with a deadline to pay it. That's a fact.

Not being able to give a deadline as to when they will sort the issues it is my biggest frustration about the whole thing. I understand errors must be fixed but it just seems to drag on with the Department from my past experiences.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Cran

young fella that was given the ridiculous job of calling me to tell me they hadn’t a clue was shocked I was annoyed someone had sent him on a call with nothing.

I’ve been involved in customer service area for over 20 years, that’s a cultural issue which thinks treating people who are actual customers like that is ok , very poor management.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭jaymla627

Would of banked the entirety of it too, he had a great story about 44 acres of land he bought for 22 thousand pounds in the 70's he planted it in the 1990s collected 160 thousand in forestry payments and sold it to a pension fund a few weeks ago for 400k, was willed to one of his children and he's getting the sale proceeds but he was some man to accumulate wealth....

Self-made all the land he owns he bought wasn't even born on a farm

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭RockOrBog

I had a bit of a delay with the payments and suspected a problem so I rang Portlaoise. 2 phone calls, a bit of scanning and emailing and all sorted within the same day. Well impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭joe35

Last year was my first year farming off my own Herd number. Didnt get any payments till end of December. There was a query with a small bit of commonage we have. After a few phone calls I got it sorted but then still no payment. Kept ringing them and they said it would be issued shortly but no timeline. They hadn't our bank details. Was very frustrating, we've a young family and coming up to Christmas it was worrying.

This year I leased a block of land and said I'd pay end of year when subsidy came trough. Got a text on the 14th looking for payment. Now your man is being an a×#&hole but I'm still waiting on payment with no timeline of when I might receive it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Similar scenario for me last year, it's a fcuking joke. If any of staff in the department didn't get their wages on the designated day of the month, there would be uproar. And rightly so, as I assume most staff have direct debits for mortgage repayments/rent/etc. But the poor farmer is strung along with excuses of "clerical errors", "IT glitches", and just general incompetence. If given a date for payment, it should be iron clad, unambiguous, so that we can plan around that.

Btw if you are ringing them. They open at 9.15. Got straight through there this morning

I had a problem a few years back, coming up to Christmas. The main payment date of early December had passed and still waiting on digitisation/ satellite inspection results. I just said will I have the money for santa or not. Got the money a few days later

• Advertisement

I had the same scanerio last year with change of ownership of the herd number. Didn't get payments until December after numerous phonecalls weekly. I work full time and farm part time so was using some of my wages to pay for farming jobs. I have a young family and It was very frustrating and worrying as to when the money would come in.

I rang today and said my payments have been cleared so the lady on the phone told me I would have the payment in a few working days. We will see if that happens as quickly as that but sure I'm hoping. Lol

I see comments on faceache that lads were getting payment texts but nothing going into bank accounts

Wonder would they have been ulsterbank.ie customers? Had to get a form and change bank account details here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭tesla_newbie

The civil service is stuffed with pompous mediocrities , they have no concept of having to deliver for someone on the other side in the way a business person views a paying customer , even such a concept wasn’t always alien to them , it’s certainly removed during whatever civil service training they go through

keep the state as small as possible

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭lmk123

I had the misfortune of having to deal with someone in the fodder grant section recently. I’ve never in my life came across a more argumentative ignorant b*****d. I always go out of my way to avoid arguments and hassle when dealing with people like that because you’re not going to win at that game. For the duration of the call he interrupted and argued every way he could. I gave up in the end and just told him that I hope he comes across someone equally as ignorant as himself someday he needs something. Some people must think they’ll go through life without trouble or complications ever hitting their door.

And no doubt you were far more intimately familiar with the details of the case than he was?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭older by the day

Thankfully I had not a problem with the department for decades.

The last time was installation aid in the 90s. No way was the man over my case in the department going to pay as I was working part time.

My father went with me to a minister at the time in West cork. And it was useless.

A year later we went again and I had to pull him off the frightened minister. We promised we would knock in every door in West cork and tell the people how he was treating a young fella starting off.

The cheque came in two days. After three years applying and ringing for it.

Any government TD can sort your problem fast but you have to go hard

And if you hear the words "IL look in to it" that means fuuuck you get out of my office. You need to hear "Il sort that".

I’ve two acres and ten sheep and no subsidies but doesn’t matter if it’s department of agriculture , department of transport or one of the local authorities, same mentality in most cases

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

No sign of anything here yet,what’s the phone number to ring to check your situation?……TIA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

057 867 4400 is the direct payments division in Portlaoise. From experience, if you haven't got your payments yet, you'll know that number off by heart over the next few weeks! Good luck with it

Advertisement