Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fluorescent tube problem

Options
  • 02-10-2023 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

The other day I temporarily removed two fluorescent tubes form my garage ceiling as I was afraid they could be broken during a job I was doing. I stood them against a wall.

Having replaced them again today, they will not come on :(

Anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

I'd hazard a guess not reinserted properly

What type are they T8 or thinner T5

Tube should push straight up and twist 90° , push the end caps inwards after

No force involved

If the end caps are not aligned you can use the tube to align them

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭teach nua

Yes, put them back opposite to the way I took them out, and they rotated fine back into place and the ends look fine, don't know whether T8, T5, they are about 1 inch dia. and 4.5 ft long.

Manufacturer is Fitzgerald with British flab logo and they are about 14 years old

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭teach nua

Saw another sticker on them... T8

Troubleshooting the old tubes afair ;

- If the ends were constant lit it meant the starter was the issue

- Tube flashing on/off it was faulty tube

Nothing at all happening probably means something was damaged in the removal or putting back , or they're not back right id say

• Advertisement
Advertisement